Who Do You Say That I AM?

 

Who Do You Say That I AM?

Matthew 16:15

Marsha Deveaux Johnson

 

A Method of Prayer

Prayer is not boring.  It is sacred, revelatory, and brings you to the face of Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  Prayer unearths all of the wretchedness of the flesh and sets you on a path of surrender to the Trinity.  It is incumbent upon all children of God to explore all aspects of prayer that will bring us into God’s presence.

 

Most people who do not have name notoriety (famous) are known for what they do. People who dress well are referred to as a “Dresser”.  If a person shares their wealth and talents with others they are called “Givers”.  It is commonplace to identify people with the profile they project to others as they live.  Jesus asked of His disciples who did men say He was?  He subsequently required of His own disciple family to let Him know what they thought of Him.  It is with this vein of thought that I share with you a wonderful revelation given me by Father that will enhance your prayer life.  

 

There is a country-western song whose lyrics say, “What do you think of when you think of me?” This is a simple question.  It is also a question that every Believer must answer for Who Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is to them.  For some time now I have been focusing my prayer life on Who God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are to me. In so doing I have used the acronym as a tool.  An acronym takes each letter of a word and unites words together for memory. God allowed me to create “Acro-Hims”.   An Acro-Him takes the first letter of a sacred word and attaches to it  the attributes of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

 

Example:

The word Jesus

Justice, Everlasting, Shield, Unfailing Love, Salvation

 

It was out of my search for the attributes of the Trinity that God revealed to me a new way of studying and praying scripture.  I began to look in each verse of scripture that I read for an identifier of Who Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are to me.  To my surprise scripture is more densely packed with Who Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is than I ever realized.  As I now read scripture, I realize that God is revealing to me just Who He is.  So much richer are my prayers as I constantly remind God of “Who” He is,” Why” He is, “How” He is, “When” He is, and “What” He is to me.

 

Example: Psalms 91:2

“I will say of the lord which is my refuge and fortress, my God in Him will trust.”

 

In this verse alone is the character and position of Who God is to us.  He is our refuge, our fortress, our God, and the One that we can trust.   This verse sparks a prayer to pray  like this. 

 

“Father, I know that you are my refuge and I can go to You any time to guide, protect, and  shield me etc.  I know that you are my fortress because I am covered from all the destructive things in life. Your power is vast and encompassing over all the universe etc.  You are my God, the One true God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Great I Am, Rose of Sharon, Lily of the Valley, etc. Lord You are the only One I can trust.  My trust  is in You, etc.”

 

What an exciting way to approach prayer and meditation.  The character,  faithfulness, and face of God begins to lift from the pages of His word as revelation knowledge of Him flows.  Pick any verse of scripture and look for and circle the attributes of Father , Son, and Holy Spirit and pray that scripture as I gave the example above.

 

Begin finding every word in scripture that identifies God, His attributes, who He is and what He does for us. An explosion will happen in your prayer life.  You will be tremendously Blessed!

 

I recently took the letter S to find words identifying Who Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are to me.  Every time I heard a word from God identifying Who He is to me, another one would soon follow.  As I prayed these revealed prayer words about three hours passed. Take a look at all the S words I prayed as  they were revealed to me.

 

S

Source, Salvation, Surety, Shield, Savior, Secret, ShowER, Sweetheart (Song of Solomon 1:2), Sanctifier, Settler, Sentence, Satchel, Set-Up, Sustenance, Sustainer,  Sweetener, Shelter, Sickness Chaser, Security, Satisfier,  Solace, Solidifier, Saver, Singer (Zechariah 3:17),  Seer, Solicitor, Searcher (Psalms 139:23), Silencer (28 Total)

 

I have shared a method of prayer that I guarantee will enhance your prayer life. Tell I AM who He is to you in prayer!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Why "Hepzibah in Training?"

More than twenty five years ago I stood in a powerful praise and worship service. As I entered into worship weeping in the presence of the King, I heard the voice of Jesus in my spirit. He called me two names. The first name was Hephzibah and the second was Beulah. I was stunned and immediately sat down on the bench to ponder these two names. Neither of these names appeared flattering to me.



I left church and called my sister, a mighty warrior of God, and told her that God had called me two names. Her reply was “If God called me names; I needed to find out what they meant.” I searched scripture and found that the name Hephzibah means, “The Lord delights in her” and that Beulah meant, “Thy land is married (committed, spoken for, etc). Needless to say, I was delighted in the significance of these two names that my Savior has bestowed upon me. My goal and treasure in life is to fulfill the plan for my life on this side of Eternity and to train for the other side of Eternity.



I offer you the revelations, thoughts, and meditations that God imparts to me in this blog “Hepzibah In Training”.



I thank you for your comments.

Followers