God...For the People

 

GOD…For the People

“I Attend Every Funeral”

Marsha Deveaux Johnson, Living Joy Ministries, INC.

 

I awakened early  one morning after teaching the previous night on “How Much God Loves Man.”  I began to pray that the message would find its place deep in the hearts of the men and women who heard it.  It was a lively discussion loaded with scripture and focused on what God’s word offers to man, His creation. As I prayed I  entered into intercession in English and in tongues.  I began to weep as the heart of God poured into my spirit.  I heard these words in my spirit from God, “I attend every funeral.”  As I continued in prayer, God said to me that He is there at the end of the lives of all of His creation.  His investment in every human born on this earth has its roots in Him sending His Son Jesus to die for the sins of all. 

 

This simple statement: “I attend every funeral”, screams of the tremendous love God had for us while we were yet sinners (Romans 5:8).  Christ died for us before we were manifested physically  into existence.  Of course He is hovering over His creation at birth, throughout life, and most certainly at the point of death (transition).  Man sees outward appearances (1st Samuel 16:7), but God sees the heart of an individual.  Although outward appearances are indicators of inward stances, we cannot judge the final episode of anyone’s life in their status with  God. 

 

Sometimes we see a life that has refused to acknowledge or serve God while able to do so. We mourn their “obviously sad”   eternity.  However, God sees a different picture.  He sees and knows that at the point of death, someone just made it into His kingdom.  Remember the thief on the cross (Luke 23:43)? Jesus welcomed this repentant thief into His kingdom at the time when his life was coming to an end. This is not the most prestigious time to find God, but it does resolve the eternal punishment issue.  It also shows the tremendous love God has for man.

 

This insight brings us to another parable Jesus used in His ministry.  Matthew Chapter 20 tells of the master of a field who hired workers to work at different times.  A set wage was agreed upon for the workers.  The manager added workers to the fields at different times of the day and then paid all the workers the same wages that had been set.  Those who worked all day were furious when discovering that all were paid the same amount regardless of their time served.  The manager did what He did out of his generosity and he let it be made known. 

 

The heart of God is to love and to rescue His creation from an eternity of punishment with Satan.  Yes! I can see God attending every funeral! In fact, He shows up  early, while the person is transitioning to offer one last opportunity for Jesus’ blood to manifest the power of redemption that it has.

 

I have ministered for over 18 years to recovering addicts and the one thing I am sure of is that God goes to unimaginable lengths to rescue His creation.  Everyone who is lost should know that Father God uses every available avenue to rescue man to bring him to Christ.  His love is always hovering, drawing, inviting, caring, and provoking a return to the Creator.  The assurance is that when you have reached the bottom of the barrel on earth, you have a Father in heaven!

 

I have heard testimonies of people flat lining and having life return, hearing the voice of God while the needle was in the arm, seeing, hearing, and experiencing signs and wonders while reveling in their sins.  They were not so far that they could not hear His voice, but the decision was theirs to make to accept and serve God. 

 

As Believers we cannot make judgements (Matthew 7:1-3) on the eternal status of any  man created in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26).  Our job is to labor night and day so that no one be void of an opportunity to receive the gospel of the love of Jesus Christ.  No matter the sin, for all unrighteousness is sin (1st John 5:17), if applied the blood of Jesus covers it.   Forgiveness is given to those who repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is then that eternity changes!

 

Father God is the Arbiter of His plan for man.  Understand that nothing can undercut His love for His creation.  He will provide every opportunity for your life to be “Hid in Christ with Him” (Colossians 3:3).  He offers the same opportunity to all of His creation.  Since He is for the people, allow Him to reign in your life.  By the way the Believer’s transition is precious in His sight (Psalm 115:16).  They land HOME for eternity!

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Why "Hepzibah in Training?"

More than twenty five years ago I stood in a powerful praise and worship service. As I entered into worship weeping in the presence of the King, I heard the voice of Jesus in my spirit. He called me two names. The first name was Hephzibah and the second was Beulah. I was stunned and immediately sat down on the bench to ponder these two names. Neither of these names appeared flattering to me.



I left church and called my sister, a mighty warrior of God, and told her that God had called me two names. Her reply was “If God called me names; I needed to find out what they meant.” I searched scripture and found that the name Hephzibah means, “The Lord delights in her” and that Beulah meant, “Thy land is married (committed, spoken for, etc). Needless to say, I was delighted in the significance of these two names that my Savior has bestowed upon me. My goal and treasure in life is to fulfill the plan for my life on this side of Eternity and to train for the other side of Eternity.



I offer you the revelations, thoughts, and meditations that God imparts to me in this blog “Hepzibah In Training”.



I thank you for your comments.

Followers